Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A New Activity

Hubby's been working on a plan to lose some weight, and I've been struggling myself with feeling a little uncomfortable. I took a health and fitness class this summer and it made me realize that I am a fat lazy slob.
So, not only have I started eating better (thanks to Hubby), but now we have a new piece of motivation. Several years ago, I could run and run and run and drop weight like nobody's business. One problem with that now is that I have to actually run. Oh, and the whole bad knee thing. Then there's the weather and the dogs that always follow me and the kids that follow the dogs.
So, I found a solution. An elliptical machine. No impact on the knees, no dogs (sort of), no kids, no weather, no running. And...no excuse. I researched a few and decided on the Stamina CT2.0 from Walmart.com. It arrived to the store in about 4 days. I picked it up Sunday, put it together in 1 1/2 hours, and used it for the first time this morning. 15 minutes forward and 1 minute backwards. It doesn't sound like much, but that 1 minute going backwards is intense.

No comments: